Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sleep

I know I missed a day of posting, yet I did not get home until late and had so much to do before I went to bed.
Remember my post on Sunday about how I got up early, weighed myself and only lost 2ozs. Went back to bed and slept for three more hours. When I got up again, I decided to weigh myself just for fun and noticed I lost another pound.
Yesterday I decided to do an experiment. I get up every morning around 5a.m and most of the time I don't get to bed before 12a, so only getting anywhere from 4-5 hours of sleep a night. Yesterday I got up at my regular time, which was 5a.m. Got my son off to seminary (for those who don't know, it is like church school for an hour before regular school). Then around 7a.m had to pick him up. Let me back up... when I got up that morning I weighed myself and only released 8ozs. Now to move forward. When I got back home from picking up my son, I decided we could go back to bed. I slept for 2 more hours. When I got up again, I weighed myself and found out I lost another pound, so that made it 1.8 lbs. So, what I learned from this experiment... you DO need to get your sleep if you want to loose weight.
Today I gained 8ozs and I attribute it too, not a lot of sleep and also TOM decided to visit. We shall see what tomorrow brings.
OH, another thing I want to bring up. Yesterday my husband decided he wanted to take us to Golden Corral restaurant. I let him know that I would not be going. I could of caved in and cheated that day, yet is it worth it??? For one night of "junk" food, it would probably of taken me close to a week to get it off. We decided to go to the movies instead. He got popcorn for everyone yet I was just fine watching the movie. Who says you have to eat to enjoy a movie? I know having a life time of thinnest is way better than a moment of pleasure from a food item.
So everyone keep plugging along and realize you are doing great. It is only food and the taste will last such a short time yet the weight it brings will last a lot longer.
Happy Releases, Happy Maintenance and Happy Stabilization to all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment